Its been an exciting last few months and I’m even more excited for the next more or so.
We went to Tasmania a few weeks ago, naturally it was fairly cold. However this meant a trip to Ben Lomond mountain to see the snow. It was a nice easy drive up to the carpark and from there you just take a shuttle (Muddy 4WD) to the summit. The day we went up it was very very windy would certainly added to the chill factor.
There are a lot of fun things to do in Tasmania; a few of my favourites were.
- Ben Lomond – about an hour or so out of Launceston
- Chair Lifts @ Cataract Gorge (Launceston)
- Drive to the Great Lake
- Marakoopa caves to see the glow worms
- Seeing the snow @ Mt Wellington (Hobart)
- Visiting an old Pub for a meal
- Taking a scenic drive between Launceston & Hobart
I love Tasmania, its worth going even if just for a short weekend visit from Melbourne. There is so much to see and do, especially if you love the local produce and enjoy nature.
We stayed in some AirBnB places (what I usually use when travelling), it feels a lot more homely than staying in a hotel and you get to save some $ and support the locals at the same time. If you haven’t used AirBnB before you can use this link (click here) and save $40 on your first stay.